Friday, October 26, 2007

My first run in my new shoes

This afternoon I went out for a short run in my new shoes. I ran the LL loop of 1.25 miles in 13:24. I wore the shoes around the house for a few hours yesterday to break them in. I don't think I wore them enough though. The outsides of my feet were hurting mid-run. I think that the sides of my feet have forgotten what is feels like to be supported.

But, my leg felt good. Now, after about 2 hours my leg muscle feels tighter than the other leg. The good thing is my shin splints are gone and the leg muscle isn't hot or sore.

I'm going to try to take my training slow, and alternate runs with biking.

I tried to enter my run into the Runner's World Training Log, but it kept crashing Firefox. I had gotten my old shoes down to $0.34 a mile, and I was about 25 miles from getting to 200 miles on my shoes.

Anyway, if my training goes well, I want to run the Spirit Run 5-K on November 3rd. We'll see how it goes down....

No comments: