Saturday, October 20, 2007

Little brother's first race today

Today was the Indianapolis Marathon. Originally I had planned to run the half marathon, but my injury brought my training to a screeching halt.

So, my little brother (who is days away from turning 7) ran his first race today, at the event. It was a miler and he ran it in 10:23. I ran along with him the whole way, helped him regulate his speed, take short walk breaks, and not let the other running kids make him run too fast.

He got a medal for finishing and he had a great time. He doesn't like training very much, but as you probably know, racing is much more exciting. Already he's looking for another kid's race!

My leg felt, and I was wearing my wornout running shoes. I think once I pickup up my new shoes, my training can resume. I'm excited!

P.S. Pics or links to pics should be up in a day or two...

1 comment:

Anderson Runner said...

Sorry you weren't able to race. Get some rest and hit it again! My full race report is now posted.