Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Entrant 1103 in the Kick the Couch 5-K

Well, I finally went and signed up for the Kick the Couch 5-K! I was planning on running the Phedippidations World Wide Half Marathon and the Indianapolis Half Marathon at Ft. Harrison, but shin splints in my right leg have had me not running for a few weeks now. My half marathon training has been halted. I'm sorta glad that I didn't sign up for the WWH when I first heard about it...

Anyway, I signed up for the Kick the Couch 5-K, and I'm entrant number 1103! My goal is to get new shoes and start running again in October. I wont be running an "official, organized race", but I'll be running 3.1 miles around the neighborhood. I mapped out a 5-K route during my earlier training.

I need to call Athletic Annex today and see if they do pronation tests, to see if my leg pain is caused by me, and/or if they'll check my shoes to see if they are wearing out. My shoes have over 150 miles on them, but they are on the low-end side.

Well, Entrant 1103 has to go work on a narrative essay... keep running!

No comments: