Monday, February 18, 2008

2008 Get On The Stick 5K

So I ran my first 5K of the year, the 2008 Get On The Stick 5K on Saturday (Feb 16th). I was hoping for a PR, but my week of training leading up to the race was lackluster and it was below freezing when the gun went off.

It was at a local high school, and part of the course was on a popular rails-to-trails running/biking/walking trail, so I knew the area well. It was advertised as a flat course, and it was pretty flat, but there were a few easy hills...

I ran the first mile in around 9 minutes, I was at 19 minutes by the 2nd mile and I finished in 30:22. I will break sub-30 next time! I've done it before, I think I just need decent weather for breathing to pull it off.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I feel great heading into week 2 of my training for the Mini!

2 comments:

crossn81 said...

That's not too bad given the conditions. I didn't realize you were going to do the Mini this year. That's pretty cool!

bobbyjohn said...

Nice job Mike! Look forward to your updates on The Extra Mile ;-)