Saturday, November 03, 2007

'07 Spirit Run 5-K race

This was my first race since being injured and not really running for 2 months. I forgot my watch and realized that right before the start. I felt great as we started off on a 40-something'F beautiful sunny morning.

Mile 1: 9:30
Mile 2: 19:14
Finished: 30:06

All of these times are "official."
This particular race, they only had timing mats at the finish, so everybody's time started at the same time. The starting gate was only like 10-feet wide so it took me about 10 seconds from the start to actually cross the start time. I'm thinking that my actual time would have been a few seconds under 30 minutes. My one-time PR of a sub-30min 5-K, was a result of a lot of training, so I think I ran quite well today!

I placed 15th in my age group. Since I run 30 minute 5-Ks, and since I'm running against every high school track star who showed up... it wasn't too bad. They had cool origami cranse for the age groupers. I finished about 134th out of about 450 or so runners and walkers.

I had a great time, and it was fantastic to be out racing again!

No comments: