Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Running in WI, longest run & week to date

We had a wedding in Wisconsin on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. We were staying with afamily that has several girls that run. I was going to ask Alisha if she wanted to run, but before I could do that, Melissa asked me if I wanted to go running. It was cool. We started out by warming up on the trampoline. We headed towards the horse barn for our first mile or so that would be mostly on grass and in the woods. It was kinda dumb to do that in the dark, but I made it out with only a few scratches, and nothing twisted. We did that in 16 minutes. We went past the house, the started doing laps around the church parking lot, which is about a mile. I ran with Alisha for the first lap to map out the course, then started walking 20-30 feet per lap to give my legs & feet a break. Our goal was to do 70 minutes, and we did. At the end we sprinted up a short, not-too-steep, paved hill. That felt great! We then removed our shoes, and walked home. It was weird, that's the longest and farthest I've run in my life, and I went the whole way without water. It was a good long run!

That wrapped up my week, and gave my month a good jumpstart.

17.4 miles this week

1 comment:

MarathonChris said...

Congrats on the longest run of your life! Run strong :-)